Now that the weather is warm and the flowers are blooming, your summer date ideas should be too! The repetitive dinner and a movie ritual you suffered through this past winter can now come to an end. Here are a few fun dates to go on during the summer season:
- There is nothing like a good old-fashioned picnic to enjoy nature and a few of your favorite treats. Gather a basket, blanket, and some easy-to-pack foods to spend quality time together.
- Stay active and take a ride through the neighborhood or find a trail to go biking. If you don’t own bikes, they are usually inexpensive to rent.
- Drive down to the beach and spend the day relaxing in the sand, cooling off in the water, or walking on the boardwalk.
- Check out a few food and music festivals for a guaranteed great experience. Festivals are also a good opportunity to meet and mingle with new people.
- Purchase tickets to a baseball game and checkout your city’s team together. If you want to be really cute, wear matching jerseys and baseball caps to get in the team spirit.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for items you both love! It’s a chance to enjoy the sun and learn more about each other.
- Enjoy the view above ground in a hot air balloon ride.
- For a really romantic date, go wine-tasting! It’s a sure way to relax and learn something new.
- Watching a movie isn’t such a bad idea, but consider a different approach to an age-old date activity. Find out where your local drive-in movie theater is and cozy up next to your date in your car.
- Go on a fishing trip together and he’ll find that you’re the catch of the season.
The whole idea of dating in general is to be creative and have fun. The best way to get to know someone is seeing how they behave outside of their comfort zone. If there is something you haven’t done before, do it with someone who is interested in you and vice versa. Even if things don’t necessarily go as planned, you’ll always have a lifetime full of memories and laughs.